Hearing loss usually occurs later in life and happens gradually. We tend not to notice a change in our hearing until our lifestyle is impacted. Over the age of 40, it is recommended to have your hearing tested regularly.
At The Spectacle Maker , our hearing tests are carried out by our fully qualified hearing aid dispenser. The results of the test will show if you have any level of hearing loss. With this information we can take you through the best options available, with the trust that we only recommend the aid you need.
If you’re concerned about your hearing, book your test here with our fully qualified hearing professional.
If you’re not sure if you’d benefit from a hearing test, we’ve listed some of common symptoms below to help you understand the health of your hearing and changes that may occur.
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF HEARING LOSS
The Symptoms include:
- Having the TV or radio volume uncomfortably loud for others
- Finding it difficult to hear dialogue at the cinema or theatre
- Phone conversations are difficult
- Asking people to repeat things or misunderstanding what they say
- Difficulty following conversations
- Feeling isolated because you’re finding it difficult to hear
WHAT HAPPENS DURING YOUR HEARING TEST?
- Firstly, we’ll discuss your hearing health with you, including questions about your lifestyle as well as your hearing and health history
- Secondly, we’ll examine your ears where we can assess the health of your ear and ear canal and we can identify any wax, infection or obstruction that could affect your hearing.
- Penultimately, we’ll test the hearing itself, we’ll present a sequence of sounds and ask you to press a button whenever you hear one
- Lastly, we’ll talk you through your results and if your test indicates that your hearing is within normal levels, we’ll invite you to come back for another regular check in two years’ time.
We stock a wide range of digital hearing aids to suit your lifestyle and stock leading brands including Widex, Unitron, Signia and Oticon which use the latest technology to enhance your hearing.
There are several types of aids for different needs and budgets; many are very small and discreet. Your hearing loss may be mild or profound and we will discuss the options with you.
We offer earwax microsuction, a treatment that allows our audiologist to remove excess wax whilst at the same time carefully leaving a protective layer.